The Revista Latinoamericana de Población (RELAP) - Latin American Population Journal - is a continuous publication by the Latin American Population Association. It seeks to disseminate demographic research carried out mainly in or about Latin America, as well as provide a space for debate about research agendas, demographic problems and definition of population policies for the region.
Specific objectives of RELAP are:
- Become a privileged space for the dissemination of demographic thinking in the region.
- Build a space for reflection, expression of opinions and debates of ideas on various aspects of population studies in the region.
- Provide a space to disseminate research results on population issues, as well as a space to promote comparative studies in the region.
- Amplify proposals of the population agenda for Latin America, for both research and action on population policy.
Without a doubt, transdisciplinary analysis has revealed itself as one of the most fruitful methods, since it allows us to recover contributions from different traditions and disciplines in the social sciences. Therefore, our intention is for RELAP to become a dissemination space that collects and exposes the contributions of several academics who, from their own field, are interested in population problems. Given that demographic problems are seldom common in all countries of the region, we believe that it is also necessary to extend this collaboration between different disciplines towards cooperation between different researchers, programs and institutions that address population studies.
In this context, the meaning of the Latin American Population Magazine is that through its pages, the most recent advances in the scientific study of Latin American populations are exposed, as well as it can consolidate a network of exchange and collaboration that extends to all Latin America and all those who, from outside the region, are also interested in the Latin American demographic reality.
- Anti-plagiarism policy and ethical norms
- Peer evaluation
- Focus and scope
- Open access policy
- File Policy
- Delivery limit policy per author per year
- Conflicts of interest
- Data sharing
- Corrections and errors
About the Journal:
- Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement
- Privacy statement
- DORA statement
- Editorial team
- Business Model